Senior Days 2019: May 15 – May 18
Senior Days Information Overview
Tickets will be sold ONLINE starting Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 2:00PM. Tickets sell out fast, so make your TIX account NOW in preparation for the ticket sales to go live. Create a TIX account today. Tickets are offered on a first come, first served basis until sold out. Methods of Payment: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please keep the following ticket policies in mind before purchasing tickets:
- Please arrive at all events and trips promptly. Late entry or arrival may not be possible at some events.
- Only New Brunswick/Piscataway UNDERGRADUATE Seniors that graduated in October 2018 or January 2019 or are scheduled to graduate in May 2019, August 2019 or October 2019 are eligible to participate in events. Senior Days is paid for with students fees associated with your class year.
- Rutgers students participating in a five year program may participate in Senior Days during their 4th year ONLY. Students in these programs are considered undergraduates through their 4th year until their 5th and/or 6th year when they are considered graduate students in terms of fees. Students in their 5th and 6th year cannot participate in Senior Days.
- A valid Senior student ID and your online ticket will be verified at each event. Rutgers Student Affairs reserves the right to deny entry to non-Seniors attempting to use Senior tickets without a refund.
- Guests must be accompanied by a current Rutgers Senior and have a valid state-issued photo ID for identity and age verification. Guests are only permitted to attend events listed on the website with a guest ticket price listed.
- Seniors may transfer their ticket to another senior if they can no longer attend. If you have received a transferred ticket, you will need the confirmation email (with the ticket) and you should check in under the name on the ticket.
- Participants must present valid state-issued photo ID for age verification to be served alcohol at any event. Rutgers Student Affairs reserves the right to deny entry to any Seniors or Guests that arrive at events under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- NY YANKEES BASEBALL GAME, MEDIEVAL TIMES, NY CITY YACHT CRUISE AND SIX FLAGS: Participants are required to travel to and from the event location with the group on the provided bus transportation.
- Changes to events due to weather or other emergencies will be announced using the email address provided at ticket purchase and listed on the this website.
- All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
By clicking on the ticket and adding it to your shopping cart link, you are agreeing to adhere to the ticket limit and policies. Please note we may cancel any ticket orders that exceed the published ticket limit or do not adhere to Senior Days Policies.
University Ticket Policies: You must bring a valid Senior student ID to each event. Participants must present valid state-issued photo ID for age verification to be served alcohol. Guests MUST present other valid federal/state issued photo ID as proof of age at the event. Failure to do so will result in denied entry. ALL attendees (guests included) MUST be 18 years of age or older and comply with all Rutgers University policies.
Students participating in Senior Day events may park without a permit Wednesday May 15th through Saturday May 18th in the following lots: 20, 26, 30, College Ave Deck, West Stadium, 51, 51A & B, 58B & C, 62, 65A – D, 66A, 67, 67A, Johnson, Marvin, Nichols and Russell apartment lots, 74, 74A, 76, 79, Douglass deck, 80, 98 A&B, 99A -D, Yellow Lot, 103 & 105. Click here for more information about parking.
Parking on the day of University Commencement (May 19th) is by a special permit only. This needs to be obtained through the Commencement website. Online registration for free Commencement parking hangtags will begin on Monday, March 25, 2019, at 10 a.m., and will end on Monday, April 22, 2019, at 10 a.m. If available, additional hangtags can be purchased on the site from April 22 at 10:00 a.m. through May 1 at 10:00 a.m.
Beginning on May 16, the Department of Transportation Services will begin operating buses on the summer bus schedule. Click here for the summer bus schedule. You can visit The Department of Transportation Services website anytime for the most up to date information regarding transportation.
Knight Mover Service
The Knight Mover provides individual transportation on or between all the Rutgers New Brunswick & Piscataway campuses after the inter-campus transit system ceases to operate for the evening. Call the Knight Mover phone number below during the hours listed below to request transportation.
Knight Mover Phone Number: 848-932-RIDE (7433)
Dining Hours & Information
|Thursday May 16||Friday May 17||Saturday May 18||Sunday May 19|
|Busch Student Center||8:00am – 7:00pm||8:00am – 7:00pm||CLOSED||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Gerlanda’s Pizza and Café||8:00am – 3:00pm||8:00am – 3:00pm||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Moe’s Southwest Grill||10:00am – 3:00pm||10:00am – 3:00pm||CLOSED||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|Szechwan Ichiban||11:00am – 6:00pm||11:00am – 6:00pm||CLOSED||11:00am – 4pm|
|College Ave Student Center||8:00am – 7:00pm||8:00am – 7:00pm||CLOSED||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Cook Student Center||8:00am – 5:00pm||8:00am – 5:00pm||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Deli and Grill||8am-2pm||8am-2pm||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Douglass Student Center||8:00am – 5:00pm||8:00am – 5:00pm||8:00am – 2:30pm||CLOSED|
|Red Pine Pizzeria||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Livingston Student Center||8:00am – 7:00pm||8:00am – 7:00pm||CLOSED||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Dunkin Donuts||8:00am – 2:30pm||8:00am – 2:30pm||CLOSED||TBD|
|Student Activities Center||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
Meal Plans & RU Express: The last student meal in the Dining Halls will be dinner on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. Students who will not be taking classes in the coming summer and fall semester should fill out an RU Express refund request form if they have at least $25 remaining in RU Express balance. For additional information regarding Dining Services, meal plans or RU Express contact the RU Express/Board Plan Office at (848) 932-8041 or go to food.rutgers.edu.
Graduating Seniors who plan on staying in on-campus housing during Senior Days will be permitted to stay in their current residence for the duration of the exam period. The “Move Out within 24 Hours of Your Last Final” rule does not apply to this group of Seniors. During this time, Seniors are expected to continue to adhere to residence hall policies and not serve as a distraction for other students preparing for final exams.
Senior Days Housing
The application to register for Senior Days will be available on April 4.
The last final exam is scheduled for Wednesday, May 15. All students, with the exception of Seniors who are remaining for Senior Days, are expected to leave 24 hours after their last final exam and no later than 10:00AM on May 16th. All halls/suites/apartments will close at 10:00AM on Thursday May 16. Graduating seniors living in University Center (Easton Avenue), Sojourner Truth Apartments and Livingston Apartments can stay in their assignment until May 20.
Only those students who graduated in January 2018 or are eligible to graduate in May or October 2019, AND who have been living in campus residence halls during the Spring 2019 semester will be eligible to live on campus during Senior Days. When all regular residence halls/suites/apartments close at 10:00AM on Thursday May 16th, Seniors will be permitted to stay in their current residence halls during the transitional hours until the halls designated for Senior Days are ready. This allows for appropriate cleaning between the closing of the halls/suites/apartments and the opening of Senior Days housing.
The residence halls to be used for Seniors will be Metzger (Busch), Lippincott (Cook/Douglass), Hardenbergh (College Avenue). Livingston students may stay in their assigned residence (Quads/Towers). All policies that are applicable during the year are still applicable during Senior Days. There will be staff monitoring the building. Students WILL be charged for any damages that may occur in the space.
Seniors choosing to stay in Senior Days housing will be assigned to traditional residence halls on the campus where they lived during Spring 2019. Seniors will pick up their keys for Senior Days housing at the building they will be moving into between 3pm – 5pm on Thursday May 16. At that time, they will also be able to drop off their key from their Spring housing assignments.
Seniors must vacate this housing no later than 10:00am on Monday, May 20.
For more information on residence halls or housing options, please contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
If you are an Honors College graduating senior, you will receive more information from the Honors College directly about housing.
Steps to Commencement for Graduating Students
Steps to Commencement for Graduating Students
Follow these steps to Commencement and you’ll be sitting on the field in HighPoint.com Stadium in no time:
- Step 1: Check to Make Sure All Academic Requirements Are On Track
- Step 2: Register for Required Commencement Parking Hangtags
- Free Parking Hangtag Registration open from March 25 at 10am until April 22 at 10am.
- Paid $10 Parking Hangtags available from April 22 at 10am until May 1 at 10am.
- Special needs parking is available now for guests and graduates who are unable to walk ½ mile or more. Visit the Accessibility Information page for important information and to register for special-needs parking.
- Step 3: Clear All Outstanding Financial Obligations
- Step 4: Purchase Your Academic Regalia from Barnes & Noble University Bookstore
- Pre-Order online from February 1 until March 22 for pickup in store or direct shipment, for an additional fee.
- RU-NB regalia goes on sale at the Rutgers Bookstore on April 5.
- RBHS regalia is available online-only from February 1 until April 27.
- Step 5: Invite Your Guests. You many invite as many guests as you like as tickets are not required for University Commencement.
- Step 6: Record a Thank You Shout-Out and Register for Senior Days Events
- Come to filming on April 17 from 2-6 p.m. on College Ave during Hot Dog Day and April 27 at Voorhees Mall during Rutgers Day.
- Step 7: Stay In-the-Know: Get University Commencement News
- Step 8: Prepare to Attend Commencement and Enjoy the Day
- University Commencement is Sunday, May 19, 2019.
- Gates open at 8am, Graduates report to the marshaling area by 9am and Ceremony begins at 10am.
- Wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather.
- Stadium Security and Restricted Bag Policy will be in effect, which means only a clutch or wallet up to 6.5”x 4.5” or a clear plastic bag up to a one gallon size
- Process with your school in a single-file, formal line with some decorum. This is the biggest academic event of the year and, perhaps, of your life.
- Have a blast!
Congratulations Class of 2019!
The Scarlet Senior Class Committee asks YOU to support the areas YOU feel the most connected to at Rutgers!
Did you know you can support your favorite student organization, academic department, research, or college access programs? This is a way to show your support to the areas that keep you rooted to Rutgers.
Let’s reach 1,000 senior donors, making us the most philanthropic class to date! By becoming a Scarlet Senior, you are giving back to areas of Rutgers that made an impact on you and supporting the next generation of Rutgers students.
Scarlet Senior benefits include:
- A gift of any amount will get you an exclusive invitation to the Scarlet Senior Donor Reception on May 2nd. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
- Any senior who gives at least $25, or a $5 monthly gift, is recognized with a philanthropy cord to show your scarlet pride during Commencement.
- Feeling good about the impact you make!
For those of you that already made a gift, thank you so much! Your support goes a long way in enhancing the student experience for future scholars to come. We would also like to thank you for your attendance in Fall Fest, 100 Days Until Graduation, and our pop-up tabling. We couldn’t have done this without you! (And yes, we still have so much more in store for you)!
Visit our website today at seniors.rutgers.edu to make your gift and check for updates!
Senior Pictures at the Point
Monday, April 29 and Tuesday, April 30
Time: 9-11 AM
Location: HighPoint.com Stadium
Seniors! Come out to HighPoint.com Stadium (entry at the commuter lot) to take your graduation photos!
-Entrance: West Gate (commuter lot)
-No registration is required.
– All Rutgers Seniors can come bring their friends onto the field to take a Graduation Photo.
– Must show a valid Rutgers ID to enter.
– All students that come out will be entered to win Free New Alumni Season Tickets for the upcoming 2019 Football Season.
– Oh and don’t forget to bring your own phone/camera!
Sponsored by: Rutgers Athletics
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can take part in Senior Days activities?
Only those students who graduated in October 2018, January 2019 or those who are eligible to graduate in May, August or October 2019, will be able to participate in Senior Days activities.
Rutgers New Brunswick/Piscataway undergraduate student may participate in Senior Days. Senior Days is paid for with students fees associated with your class year.
Rutgers students participating in a five year program may participate in Senior Days during their 4th year ONLY. Students in these programs are considered undergraduates through their 4th year until their 5th and/or 6th year when they are considered graduate students in terms of fees. Students in their 5th and 6th year cannot participate in Senior Days.
Do I have to live in on-campus housing to take part in Senior Days activities?
No. All Seniors who fit the criteria above are welcome to purchase tickets for and participate in Senior Days events.