Senior Days 2018: May 9 – May 12
Senior Days Information Overview
Tickets will be sold ONLINE starting Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 2:00PM. Tickets sell out fast, so make your TIX account NOW in preparation for the ticket sales to go live. Create a TIX account today. Tickets are offered on a first come, first served basis until sold out. Methods of Payment: Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Please keep the following ticket policies in mind before purchasing tickets:
- Please arrive at all events and trips promptly. Late entry or arrival may not be possible at some events.
- Only New Brunswick/Piscataway UNDERGRADUATE Seniors that graduated in October 2016 or January 2017 or are scheduled to graduate in May 2017 or October 2017 are eligible to participate in events. Senior Days is paid for with students fees associated with your class year.
- Rutgers students participating in a five year program may participate in Senior Days during their 4th year ONLY. Students in these programs are considered undergraduates through their 4th year until their 5th and/or 6th year when they are considered graduate students in terms of fees. Students in their 5th and 6th year cannot participate in Senior Days.
- A valid Senior student ID and your online ticket will be verified at each event. Rutgers Student Affairs reserves the right to deny entry to non-Seniors attempting to use Senior tickets without a refund.
- Guests must be accompanied by a current Rutgers Senior and have a valid state-issued photo ID for identity and age verification. Guests are only permitted to attend events listed on the website with a guest ticket price listed.
- Seniors may transfer their ticket to another senior if they can no longer attend. If you have received a transferred ticket, you will need the confirmation email (with the ticket) and you should check in under the name on the ticket.
- Participants must present valid state-issued photo ID for age verification to be served alcohol at any event. Rutgers Student Affairs reserves the right to deny entry to any Seniors or Guests that arrive at events under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- NY YANKEES BASEBALL GAME, MEDIEVAL TIMES & NY CITY YACHT CRUISE: Participants are required to travel to and from the event location with the group on the provided bus transportation.
- Changes to events due to weather or other emergency’s will be announced using the email address provided at ticket purchase and listed on the this website.
- All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
By clicking on the ticket and adding it to your shopping cart link, you are agreeing to adhere to the ticket limit and policies. Please note we may cancel any ticket orders that exceed the published ticket limit or do not adhere to Senior Days Policies.
University Ticket Policies: You must bring a valid Senior student ID to each event. Participants must present valid state-issued photo ID for age verification to be served alcohol. Guests MUST present other valid federal/state issued photo ID as proof of age at the event. Failure to do so will result in denied entry. ALL attendees (guests included) MUST be 18 years of age or older and comply with all Rutgers University policies.
During Senior Days students participating in the events are allowed to park without a permit in designated lots.
Parking the day of Commencement (May 14th) is by permit only. This needs to be obtained through the Commencement website. Online registration for free Commencement parking hangtags will begin on Monday, March 20, 2017, at 10 a.m., and will end on Monday, April 17, 2017, at 9 a.m. Additional hangtags will be available for purchase on the site from April 17 at 10:00 through May 2 at 10:00 a.m.
Beginning on May 11, the Department of Transportation Services will begin operating buses on the summer bus schedule.
Knight Mover Service
The Knight Mover provides individual transportation on or between all the Rutgers New Brunswick & Piscataway campuses after the inter-campus transit system ceases to operate for the evening. Call the Knight Mover phone number below during the hours listed below to request transportation.
Knight Mover Phone Number: 848-932-RIDE (7433)
Dining Hours & Information
|Thursday May 11||Friday May 12||Saturday May 13||Sunday May 14|
|Busch Student Center||8:00am – 7:00pm||8:00am – 7:00pm||CLOSED||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Convenience Store||8:00am – 6:00pm||8:00am – 6:00pm||CLOSED||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|Gerlanda’s Pizza and Café||8:00am – 3:00pm||8:00am – 3:00pm||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Moe’s Southwest Grill||10:00am – 3:00pm||10:00am – 3:00pm||CLOSED||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|Szechwan Ichiban||11:00am – 6:00pm||11:00am – 6:00pm||CLOSED||11:00am – 4pm|
|College Ave Student Center||8:00am – 7:00pm||8:00am – 7:00pm||CLOSED||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Cook Student Center||8:00am – 5:00pm||8:00am – 5:00pm||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Deli and Grill||8am-2pm||8am-2pm||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Douglass Student Center||8:00am – 5:00pm||8:00am – 5:00pm||8:00am – 2:30pm||CLOSED|
|Red Pine Pizzeria||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|Livingston Student Center||8:00am – 7:00pm||8:00am – 7:00pm||CLOSED||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Convenience Store||8:00am – 5:00pm||8:00am – 5:00pm||CLOSED||TBD|
|Dunkin Donuts||8:00am – 2:30pm||8:00am – 2:30pm||CLOSED||TBD|
|Student Activities Center||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
Meal Plans & RU ExpressThe last student meal in the Dining Halls will be dinner on Wednesday, May 10, 2017.Students who will not be taking classes in the coming summer and fall semester should fill out an RU Express refund request form if they have at least $25 remaining in RU Express balance.For additional information regarding Dining Services, meal plans or RU Express contact the RU Express/Board Plan Office at (848) 932-8041 or go to food.rutgers.edu.
Graduating Seniors who plan on staying in on-campus housing during Senior Days will be permitted to stay in their current residence for the duration of the exam period. The “Move Out within 24 Hours of Your Last Final” rule does not apply to this group of Seniors. During this time, Seniors are expected to continue to adhere to residence hall policies and not serve as a distraction for other students preparing for final exams.
Senior Days Housing
The application to register for Senior Days will be available on April 6.
The last final exam is scheduled for Wednesday, May 10. All students, with the exception of Seniors who are remaining for Senior Days, are expected to leave 24 hours after their last final exam and no later than 10:00AM on May 11. All halls/suites/apartments will close at 10:00AM on Thursday May 11. Graduating seniors living in University Center (Easton Avenue), College Ave Apartments and Livingston Apartments can stay in their assignment until May 15.
Only those students who graduated in January 2017 or are eligible to graduate in May or October 2017, AND who have been living in campus residence halls during the Spring 2017 semester will be eligible to live on campus during Senior Days. When all regular residence halls/suites/apartments close at 10:00AM on Thursday May 11, Seniors will be permitted to stay in their current residence halls during the transitional hours until the halls designated for Senior Days are ready. This allows for appropriate cleaning between the closing of the halls/suites/apartments and the opening of Senior Days housing.
The residence halls to be used for Seniors will be Metzger (Busch), Quad 2 (Livingston), Nicholas (Cook/Douglass), Tinsley (College Avenue). All policies that are applicable during the year are still applicable during Senior Days. There will be staff monitoring the building. Students WILL be charged for any damages that may occur in the space.
Seniors choosing to stay in Senior Days housing will be assigned to traditional residence halls on the campus where they lived during Spring 2017. Seniors will pick up their keys for Senior Days housing at the building they will be moving into between 3pm – 5pm on Thursday May 11. At that time, they will also be able to drop off their key from their Spring 2017 housing assignments.
Seniors must vacate this housing no later than 10:00am on Monday, May 15.
For more information on residence halls or housing options, please contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
Steps to Commencement for Graduating Students
Follow these steps to Commencement and you’ll be sitting on the field in High Point Solutions Stadium in no time:
- Step 1: Check to Make Sure All Academic Requirements Are On Track
- Step 2: Register for Required Commencement Parking Hangtags
- Free Parking Hangtag Registration open from March 20 at 10am until April 17 at 10am.
- Paid $5 Parking Hangtags available from April 17 at 10am until May 10 at 10am.
- Step 3: Clear All Outstanding Financial Obligations
- Step 4: Purchase Your Academic Regalia
- Regalia goes on sale at the Rutgers Bookstore on April 3 until May 13.
- RBHS regalia is available online-only from March 6 until April 27.
- Step 5: Invite Your Guests
- Step 6: Record a Thank You Shout-Out and Register for Senior Days Events
- Shout Out filming on April 19 for Hot Dog Day and April 29 for Rutgers Day.
- Step 7: Stay In-the-Know: Get University Commencement News
- Step 8: Prepare to Attend Commencement and Enjoy the Day
- University Commencement is Sunday, May 14, 2017. Gates open at 8am, ceremony begins at 10am.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can take part in Senior Days activities?
Only those students who graduated in October 2016, January 2017 or those who are eligible to graduate in May or October 2017, will be able to participate in Senior Days activities.
Rutgers New Brunswick/Piscataway undergraduate student may participate in Senior Days. Senior Days is paid for with students fees associated with your class year.
Rutgers students participating in a five year program may participate in Senior Days during their 4th year ONLY. Students in these programs are considered undergraduates through their 4th year until their 5th and/or 6th year when they are considered graduate students in terms of fees. Students in their 5th and 6th year cannot participate in Senior Days.
Do I have to live in on-campus housing to take part in Senior Days activities?
No. All Seniors who fit the criteria above are welcome to purchase tickets for and participate in Senior Days events.